David Bailey, B.A. LL.B. (Hons), is a commercial, property, tax and trusts lawyer at Associate level. He works with Peter Worrall and Kimberley Martin in the Commercial, Property Law and Trusts practice area of Worrall Moss Martin Lawyers. David concentrates on complex conveyancing, commercial transactions and trusts.
While studying at the University of Tasmania, David was a recipient of the Vice Chancellor’s Leadership and Teamwork Award. And he was also a finalist in the Tasmanian Young Achiever Awards for 2015 and 2016. He is an elite ultra-marathon runner and holds several national records.
David has a keen interest in commercial legal work including agri-law, complex property matters, tax and trusts. David enjoys working closely with clients to reach tailored solutions for their commercial property and trust problems.
Recent projects have included
- the purchase of commercial premises and related borrowing arrangements by a self managed superannuation fund, including complex negotiations
- a significant lease in Launceston, for a nationally based Landlord
- advising on CGT, GST and Duties under the Duties Act 2001 (formerly known as Stamp Duties)
- complex trust advice, as part of a team, for a major group of trusts
- the sale of a part interest in a property consisting of a bank, and various commercial premises for an overseas seller
- the development of unique documentation for a client providing services to absentee owners in the tourism industry
David is a member of the Law Society of Tasmania.
Clients or other advisers seeking to instruct or refer to David may contact him by the contact details and options on this page.
By appointment only.