David Bailey, B.A. LL.B. (Hons), is a commercial, property, tax and trusts lawyer at Senior Associate level. He works with Kimberley Martin in the Commercial, Property Law and Trusts practice area of Worrall Moss Martin Lawyers. David concentrates on complex transactions and enjoys the challenging work in this area.
His interest in commercial and property law arose from growing up within a small business environment with his grandparents and parents continuing to operate their own business for over fifty years. Because of this background, David understands not only the importance of the legal considerations in commercial transactions, but also the important practical day to day considerations of running a business.
While studying at the University of Tasmania, David was a recipient of the Vice Chancellor’s Leadership and Teamwork Award. And he was also a finalist in the Tasmanian Young Achiever Awards for 2015 and 2016.
Recent projects have included:
- the sale of a large hotel in the Hobart Central Business District
- the sale of a well known transport company in Hobart
- several purchases of commercial premises with related limited recourse borrowing arrangements by a self managed superannuation fund
- a significant Lease in Launceston, for a nationally based Landlord
- advising on CGT, GST and Duties under the Duties Act 2001 (formerly known as Stamp Duties)
- complex trust advice, as part of a team, for a major group of trusts
- the sale of a part interest in a property consisting of a bank, and various commercial premises for an overseas seller
- the development of unique documentation for a client providing services to absentee owners in the tourism industry
- acting for multiple landowners in the North and the South of Tasmania in their wind farm development negotiations with large wind farm companies
- acting for a purchaser in the acquisition of a large medical practice in the Hobart Central Business District
- the sale of a well known maintenance, painting and labour company with three connected business sales
- several large strata title developments and the subsequent sales of all apartments
David is a member of the Law Society of Tasmania, and is also a Member of the Law Society of Tasmania Property and Commercial Law Committee.
Clients or other advisers seeking to instruct or refer to David may contact him through the details and options on this page.
By appointment only.