Trevor McKenna B.Com. LL.B., MAICD is a family lawyer at Senior Associate level working in our Family Law practice area, and working closely with Sam McCullough. Trevor concentrates on providing clarity and effective counsel to a broad range of family law clients from those with reasonably uncomplicated issues, to clients with difficult and complex financial affairs and business structures.
Trevor is a graduate of the University of Tasmania, and holds a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. Trevor has previously practised in New South Wales and in Western Australia. He is also admitted to the High Court of Australia.
Trevor is interested in providing advice in all areas of family and relationship law, with a focus on property, financial and maintenance disputes, financial agreements, child related matters including child support, negotiated settlements (including mediation). Trevor regularly appears as Counsel in the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
Recent projects have included
- successfully representing an applicant in a contested child relocation application
- defending alleged contraventions of Parenting Orders in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- appearing before the Full Court of the Family Court of Australia
- obtaining a warrant for the sale and seizure of real estate to enforce property settlement Orders previously obtained for a client in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- preparing a Financial Agreement focused on the protection of a large group of interrelated entities in the event of a breakdown of a relationship
- appearing as Counsel in contested proceedings on behalf of another firm of lawyers
Trevor is a Council Member of the Law Society of Tasmania, and a member of the Law Society’s Family Law Committee. Trevor is also a Non-Executive Director of the Hutchins Foundation Limited.
Trevor is a contributing editor of the Family Law Review, and contributing author of the Family Law Chapters of Lawyers Practice Manual W.A.. He has presented to his peers on Family Law topics.
Trevor is a strong contributor to the articles that appear in the Worrall Lawyers’ publication Estate Planning News Tasmania.
A selection of professional papers, text books and articles that Trevor has authored or contributed to can be downloaded or purchased (where applicable) from this website.
Clients or other lawyers, financial planners, or accountants seeking to instruct or refer to Trevor may contact him by the contact details and options on this page.
By appointment only.