A lawyer known for his good counsel and advocate for more than a decade, Sam McCullough is a Director of Worrall Lawyers, with a busy practice primarily in our Estate Planning, and Estate & Trust Dispute practice areas. After obtaining a degree in Law and Commerce from the University of Tasmania, Sam completed his practical training at the Leo Cussen Institute in Melbourne, where he was awarded the Foley List Advocacy Award. He is admitted to practice in Victoria and Tasmania, and has held a principal’s practising certificate since 2011 as a Director of Worrall Lawyers. He has practised as a lawyer in Victoria, and worked as a paralegal in Belfast, Northern Ireland. He is the representative of the Tasmanian Law Society on the National Elder Law & Succession Committee, an Associate of the Tax Institute, and a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). Sam has presented to many client, community and professional groups, and written many professional articles and publications. Sam is a regular presenter at conferences at a national level. He is a co-author of Statutory Wills Applications: A Practical Guide, and a contributing author to the Tasmanian Law Reports. He is the ongoing co-author of the Statutory Wills chapter of Halsbury’s Laws of Australia. Some of Sam McCullough’s notable professional achievements include
- co-author of the leading text Statutory Wills: A Practical Guide, published in 2013 by LexisNexis
- representative of the Law Society of Tasmania on the National Elder & Succession Law Committee of the Law Council of Australia, 2013 – present
- co-author of the Succession Chapter of Elder Law in New South Wales, published by LexisNexis
- a regular writer and presenter for the Television Education Network, including a national seminar presentation, audio recordings and webinar presentation, 2008 – present
- presented at the National Convention of the Tax Institute in 2011 and 2016
Sam is particularly suited to clients seeking an experienced and practical lawyer, with high level abilities in succession law and strategies. In his Estate & Trust Disputes practice, Sam is a passionate and determined advocate for achieving outcomes for his clients. A selection of professional papers, text books and articles that Sam has authored or contributed to can be downloaded or purchased (where applicable) from this website. Clients, lawyers, financial planners, or accountants seeking to instruct or refer to Sam may contact him by the contact details and options on this page.
By appointment only.